Learn about genetically modified food
and other agricultural products. Provides access to debate about it being a
boon or a bane!
Learning about genetically modified food
- Biotechnology is a safe way to produce healthier crops in greater quantities
ensuring a cleaner environment and aid in the fight against world hunger.
Contains links, news and resources on genetically
- Up-to-date information
from Greenpeace USA on genetically modified food stuffs and actions you can
take to make their safety a reality.
- Promoting a deeper understanding of biotechnology by providing access to
the full range of thought, opinion and background info. Regarding the potential
food to positively contribute to our world - from Monsanto UK.
- From the CNN
website. 37 messages as at 15 Dec 1998. Gives public discussion over genetically
- Provides prefaces and speeches by professors on genetically
production in India. Includes implications for the environment.
- This report, published Sept 1998, is from the group of experts appointed
by the Royal Society(UK) to examine
various aspects of the controversy including the scientific evidence concerning
the risk of transfer of genes from genetically modified food and crop plants
to wild species and non-GM crops, the uptake of genes from such foodstuff
by the digestive system and the current state of the regulatory system.
Genetically modified food - boon or a
- From new scientist: News
and information about genetically modified food and crops. Opponents debate
over safety and allergic responses to modified crops, dangers of such foods
- Provides a huge list of articles and other resources concerning genetically
citations with links and a glossary and other info concerning major topics
in the genetically modified food debate are available here.
- Provides information about the benefits
of biotechnology and genetically modified food and other agricultural
products, and presents biotechnology as a possible solution to reducing famine.